Kernel-Power EventID:41 (63) Freezes and loops audio during games

Bobman108

Honorable
Aug 16, 2016
Ive had this for a while now, and I just recently took a look into my Event Viewer and found this. I really dont know much about computers and codes so if you can make solutions a bit easy for me thatd be great.
Basically when I play some games, my pc would freeze and loop the last sound. At first I thought it was because I put the graphic settings too high, but it also happened on CSGO which is a source game.
I tried a few solutions but non have worked.
-BIOS update
-Graphic drivers uninstall then manual reinstall
-Checked the PSU and wires on all parts (they're all good)
-Power Plan Fix that some other people have recommended.

This only happens when I'm playing a game and never whiles on the web or watching a movie.
Last thing I'd want is to buy a new PSU which I see some people fixing the problem with, but I'm still a student rn so I only work part-time which isn't much and for part-time a new PSU (that is good) would be expensive.

Solution
CX is a lower quality PSU from Corsair, gets used by a ton of builds though because it's cheap.

Test the card in another system first that should be able to run it. If it works there, try that power supply in your system.

A clean Windows setup may also be a good place to start if you can do that, use a spare hard drive so you don't mess with your current setup if that does not fix things.
CX is a lower quality PSU from Corsair, gets used by a ton of builds though because it's cheap.

Test the card in another system first that should be able to run it. If it works there, try that power supply in your system.

A clean Windows setup may also be a good place to start if you can do that, use a spare hard drive so you don't mess with your current setup if that does not fix things.

Solution

Bobman108

Honorable
Aug 16, 2016

I'm currently trying to contact my local MicroCenter to see if I stll have my protection plan so I can bring in my GPU and get it replaced or exchanged for another of the same or lower price. If I can do that and the problem continues on the new GPU then it might actually be the PSU like you said.