[SOLVED] Kernel Security Check Fail

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all, I bought a 2x8GB Memory Kit to upgrade my PC with a 1x8GB stick.

I installed the memory, in my Asus Prime B350m-k and I'm getting the BSOD "Kernel Security Check Fail" on my screen after the ASUS logo disappears. Now both sticks work by themselves, I've tested stick 1 in both slots and they work and stick 2 in both slots and it still works. I've swapped positions of the ram but no matter what I always get the bsod with dual channel. I've already installed latest drivers and latest bios update to try fix it but to no avail. I've tried changing memory speed and I can't seem to get both sticks working together.

I'm able to enter the BIOS with the 2 sticks however and it does read 16gb but wont seem to boot to windows, can someone please help me, I'm ready to answer questions if it may help

Solution

I installed the memory, in my Asus Prime B350m-k and I'm getting the BSOD "Kernel Security Check Fail" on my screen after the ASUS logo disappears. Now both sticks work by themselves, I've tested stick 1 in both slots and they work and stick 2 in both slots and it still works. I've swapped positions of the ram but no matter what I always get the bsod with dual channel. I've already installed latest drivers and latest bios update to try fix it but to no avail. I've tried changing memory speed and I can't seem to get both sticks working together.

I'm able to enter the BIOS with the 2 sticks however and it does read 16gb but wont seem to boot to windows...

I'm able to enter the BIOS with the 2 sticks however and it does read 16gb but wont seem to boot to windows, can someone please help me, I'm ready to answer questions if it may help
Look for the RAM part number and check the QVL for that board for the generation of CPU you have

Solution