Question Kernel Security Check Failure 0x139

Im_Salty

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
I recently got a bsod and this time it had something to do with Kernel Security Check Failure with code 0x139.

My specs:

Intel Core I9 9900K

MSI Meg Z390 Ace Motherboard

MSI Rtx 2080 GPU

The attached file: DMP File

Any help would be much appreciated! My build is new and this is not the first time i got a bsod.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/mBbr.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 139
Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiInterlockedRemoveHeadListIfExist+79 )

Bugcheck Description:
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
"This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure. Parameter 1 details the type of corruption. For more information, see P1.

LIST_ENTRY corruption can be difficult to track down and indicates that an inconsistency has been introduced into a doubly-linked list Unfortunately, the inconsistency is not necessarily detected at the time when the corruption occurred, so some detective work may be necessary."

About your bugcheck:
"This bugcheck is typically driver based, and therefore you should reference the third aprty modules loaded to check which ones may be misbehaving. This can often be from a driver corrupting kernel sync objects, KTIMER corruption and mismanaged list-entries.

Some things to consider:
I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.
  • This particular dump identifies dxgmms2.sys as a potential cause, this is microsofts graphics driver, and this typically appears when there is a problem with your current GPU driver (if a dedicated one is installed). I noticed that your NVIDIA driver is out of date, so first port of call would be to update this.
  • You also have an ATI GPU driver installed, did you have an AMD GPU? If so, you'll need to clear wipe your GPU drivers using DDU.
  • Following that, your Silicone Labs drivers are very old, and you may want to see if there are updated versions of this.
  • Do you have latest BIOS installed?
  • Do you have latest Windows updates installed?
  • Are you running any overclock or XMP at all?
Follow up with the GPU driver first, then feedback we can address other potential module problems if this doesn't work.

Im_Salty

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
Hello.

1. Geforce Experience shows that my GPU Driver is already up to date.

2. I disabled the ATI GPU driver yesterday like you said but upon restart my Windows crashed continously and i had to do a system restore.

3. Can you give me a link to the Silicone Labs drivers?

4. I have the latest BIOS version.

5. My windows is updated.

6. I don't overclock.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Geforce Experience shows that my GPU Driver is already up to date.
It may just be a timestamp issue, as that version is marked as released 5 days after your timestamp states. Probably fine though.

I disabled the ATI GPU driver yesterday like you said but upon restart my Windows crashed continously and i had to do a system restore.
Did the BSOD occur today or after you disabled it? Because it is showing as running in your dump file.

Can you give me a link to the Silicone Labs drivers?
You may be better served looking for the SilLabs drivers, however I believe it is this: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/direct-access-drivers

How did you disable the drivers?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
AHHHHHHHHHH
I just realised you had a different thread yesterday.
Apologies - we answer that many questions, I wouldn't have known, I was very confused!

It may be worth continuing on the previous thread, because if you are still encountering bugchecks, it means we can cross reference each dump to see what has changed.