Kernel security check failure help!

Lodlike8

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Ok so I had to get a new MOBO, this cause an error saying Kernel_Security_Check_failure. I thought that if I install Windows onto USB with a different computer and then booted my computer with the USB then It would just reinstall it, it did not do this, all it did was say the same thing Kernel... So do I have to wipe my hard drive to delete the previous Windows? If so how? It's no big deal to wipe it as there is nothing on it important, but would I be able to wipe it at my home? Or... Would wiping it not do anything? How am I supposed to fix this, please respond adapted and thank you so much in advance.

Solution
When you got a new motherboard, were you on a new installation of Windows 10 or did you avail your copy via the free upgrade path? If via the free upgrade path, you'll need to reinstall your previous OS, update your system until you receive the message to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

If the installation of Windows 10 was new then all you'll need to do is reinstall. First create a bootable USB installer, download the necessary drivers from the manufacturers product page, follow these steps and hopefully you'll be richer with one new OS install.

On the note about device drivers can you please pass on your full systems specs? It might help us in case you're finding difficulty in locating proper drivers for your...

Lutfij

Titan
When you got a new motherboard, were you on a new installation of Windows 10 or did you avail your copy via the free upgrade path? If via the free upgrade path, you'll need to reinstall your previous OS, update your system until you receive the message to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

If the installation of Windows 10 was new then all you'll need to do is reinstall. First create a bootable USB installer, download the necessary drivers from the manufacturers product page, follow these steps and hopefully you'll be richer with one new OS install.

On the note about device drivers can you please pass on your full systems specs? It might help us in case you're finding difficulty in locating proper drivers for your devices and potential compatibility issues.

Going by this article are you using an Nvidia GPU in your system?

Solution