kevinc1

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hello,my brother plugged out my external hard drive while i was taking off the bit lock. the drive is currently saying its empty but when u open it your seeing the folders n documents. but nothing is opening with non of the programs on my pc.need help asap.

richardjsf

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011

Ouch, sounds like you may have corrupted the header/index file perhaps, it's really tricky to know with the things.

There are a number of free datarecovery programs that you can trial on CNET, (link below) as long as your OS (Windows) can see the drive you have a good chance of recovery by the sounds of things.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=recovery+software&platformSelect=Windows&platformSelect=Mobile&platformSelect=Webware&tag=srch%3Ba&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows%2CMobile%2CWebware&filter=platform%3DWindows%2CMobile%2CWebware

Try one of these, in particular I have used "Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition" if it can find your files, you can decide whether you want to buy the program, others may have some suggestions for better freeware though.

Good luck