[SOLVED] Key illumination dying on Asus Strix mechanical keyboard

Cioby

Distinguished
My keyboard is getting old but works perfectly fine. The only issue is the light on my keys is dying, the light on the top that signals stuff like caps lock, still works at full power, the light on my keys is very dim to the point I can't see them anymore even at night.

And yes I checked the light settings and tried to set it to the maximum power again.
Is there an easy way to change the LEDs that made the light? The warranty should be long gone so I can't ask Asus.

Solution
No there is no easy way to change the LED's, you would need to find a place to order them and most likely will need to do some soldering to take the switches off to replace it. Are you sure the issue is with the actual LEDs and not just the brightness option on the keyboard or it's software?
No there is no easy way to change the LED's, you would need to find a place to order them and most likely will need to do some soldering to take the switches off to replace it. Are you sure the issue is with the actual LEDs and not just the brightness option on the keyboard or it's software?

Solution