Keyboard acting freaky?

RektSkrubz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
I just cleaned my Strafe RGB (w/ blues) and now my keyboard is acting weird. Scroll Lock and F3 cannot be detected, and scroll lock randomly turns on and off. I took the keys off gently, and made pretty sure that the caps were dry before I put them back on. Is there a good fix for this? Thanks!

Solution
Aside from being careful (as you should) what did you do to clean the keyboard? I.e. "pretty sure the caps were dry...".

Did you, for example, follow or otherwise adhere to Strafe's cleaning instructions?

However, at least try the Strafe keyboard on another computer and see if the "weird" problem follows the keyboard.

Likewise, try another known working keyboard on your computer. See if that keyboard works correctly.

Narrow down the possibilities as best you can.

Ralston18

Titan
Aside from being careful (as you should) what did you do to clean the keyboard? I.e. "pretty sure the caps were dry...".

Did you, for example, follow or otherwise adhere to Strafe's cleaning instructions?

However, at least try the Strafe keyboard on another computer and see if the "weird" problem follows the keyboard.

Likewise, try another known working keyboard on your computer. See if that keyboard works correctly.

Narrow down the possibilities as best you can.

Solution

RektSkrubz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
I actually think two of the caps's stems were just the smallest bit wet, and when i pressed down on them, the water went down into the switch. After letting the keyboard dry for three hours (with the PC off, and occasionally shining a high-powered laser into the switch, then waiting a few minutes for the water to evaporating, pushing down the switch and blowing into it to evacuate air), the two switches dried out and are back to normal. I was worried that there would be permanent damage, but there is none that I can see. All switches are accurate and actuate perfectly, so I just had to let it dry out for a few hours. Thanks for the response, though!