Question Keyboard advice

GregP74

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2016
I've got an old Logitech wireless keyboard here at home that's been on its last legs for quite a while. I'd been meaning to replace it but never got around to going to the store to find something I liked. Now they've got me working from home, so I really need to replace it ASAP.

Even if Best Buy or Office Max stores were open these days, I don't think I'd want to go in touching keyboards, so it looks like I'm going to have to get something without having put my hands on it, so I'm hoping some of you guys and gals can lend some recommendations.

I went old school a few months ago and got a wired mouse. I'll probably do the same with the keyboard. Wireless is nice, but I don't like having to change or recharge batteries. More and more I'm liking the idea of something that's back lit also.

At work I've got a Das Keyboard 4 Professional. I absolutely love that thing. It's heavy it's well built and has lasted a few years so far. I love the volume control knob, and I love that it's got two USB ports and that it all runs (as far as I can remember) off one USB plug.

I'm really temped to just get a DK 4 like the one at work. I just wish they made one just like the 4 Professional that had back lighting. It looks like the others all require two usb plugs and don't have a built in usb hub. Needing to plug in two into the 2 port hub in the back of my monitor wouldn't leave me room for the mouse to be plugged in.

Looks like most of these keyboards are that way. A Logitech one and Corsair or something were the same way.

Anyway, any helpful advice would be welcome!

I've got an old Logitech wireless keyboard here at home that's been on its last legs for quite a while. I'd been meaning to replace it but never got around to going to the store to find something I liked. Now they've got me working from home, so I really need to replace it ASAP.

Even if Best Buy or Office Max stores were open these days, I don't think I'd want to go in touching keyboards, so it looks like I'm going to have to get something without having put my hands on it, so I'm hoping some of you guys and gals can lend some recommendations.

I went old school a few months ago and got a wired mouse. I'll probably do the same with the keyboard. Wireless is nice, but I don't like having to change or recharge batteries. More and more I'm liking the idea of something that's back lit also.

At work I've got a Das Keyboard 4 Professional. I absolutely love that thing. It's heavy it's well built and has lasted a few years so far. I love the volume control knob, and I love that it's got two USB ports and that it all runs (as far as I can remember) off one USB plug.

I'm really temped to just get a DK 4 like the one at work. I just wish they made one just like the 4 Professional that had back lighting. It looks like the others all require two usb plugs and don't have a built in usb hub. Needing to plug in two into the 2 port hub in the back of my monitor wouldn't leave me room for the mouse to be plugged in.

Looks like most of these keyboards are that way. A Logitech one and Corsair or something were the same way.

Anyway, any helpful advice would be welcome!
What switches does the one at work use?

Personally I have a Coolermaster SK630 which I’m really like but the switches are LP reds which I am aware not everyone likes.

GregP74

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2016
Actually I took a closer look at that Das Keyboard 4Q. That one does have the usb hub in it (albeit 2.0 vs 3.0) and apparently only needs one plug. This may be an option. Granted I don't need all that Q software stuff but I guess I don't need to use it.

GregP74

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2016
At this point with the keyboard I'm using now anything will be fine.

I've been using the one at work for so long it's kind of second nature. I'm not really much of a gamer. Well, ok I admit it, I've gotten back on World of Warcraft since being stuck at home. But not 24/7 lol

TRENDING THREADS