[SOLVED] Laptop's keyboard and Enter key suddenly don't work in Windows Search/Run box ?

Dec 12, 2020
omen software cannot be accessed now,as enter key will no longer work in the search/run box,and cannot access anything that way anymore suddenly.And also keyboard software issue that has been progressively getting worse,as software was added/installed

installed software:
browsers - a number of them
other softwares
uninstalled norton anti virus some 6 restarts ago approx
no other changes other than that,that is no installation of software
no idea what has happened that the search/run box can no longer access anything via typing and pressing enter button,as enter button no longer works there

hi,

my hp omen keyboard software cannot be accessed suddenly from the search/run box, where i normally type in "omen" to open the keyboards software to get the lighting on the keyboard,working which also suddenly stopped lighting up as windows for some other reason no longer started it up, where previously it would only start up the keyboard lighting with a delay after i used the keyboard some and it would suddenly light up,where previous to that it would work from after windows dsesktop was running with a delay and previous to that it used to startup very quickly at startup,.

I found that the omen software was not started at startup although it was enabled in the startup apps from ctrl + alt = delete.
That is,starting up the omen software has been progressively getting slower and now it will not run at all as suddenly the enter key will not work in the search/run box any longer,so cannot access anything else via that method anymore

HOW can i fix this without reinstalling windows.It recently reinstalled as other things were going wrong due to numbers of software being installed.Has always been the case where if i install more software,it will affect windows.I used to use "src scannow" which always works to fix problems like this,but am not sure if it will work in windows 10 and on a laptop.I also do not remember the entire text to type.

does anyone know how this can be fixed ?

thank you in advance

Last edited:
Solution
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

which version of win 10?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current is 20H2

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

which version of win 10?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current is 20H2

Solution