[SOLVED] Keyboard and Mouse died after leaving them plugged in to PC's USB ports overnight, why ?

pekopekora

Prominent
Nov 14, 2021
So my PC has this tendency for it to not turn on for some reason sometimes and I have to remove and put back the plug sometimes for it to work even if it's motherboard has its lights turned on.

Yesterday morning, my brother powered on my pc; however when it turned on it showed the American Megatrends bios menu and it said that no USB devices like the Keyboard and Mouse weren't detected. There was only one row in the keyboard that lit up and it wouldn't register any click, so has the mouse which had a small part of the RGB lighting on it red. I turned the computer off by removing the plug and turning it on again and I received the same screen.

I then proceeded removing its side panel and replaced its CMOS battery with a spare motherboard's CMOS battery, however it still showed the American Megatrends thing. I now tried unplugging the keyboard and mouse and replaced it with another old pair I had laying around and turns out it wasn't the USB port not working anymore that was the problem. Anyways, I now proceeded to press f1 and setup the correct time in my bios and after that the computer was working pretty alright. this morning i turned it on again however, a USB hub which was plugged in one of the USB ports also died from shorting (?) just like the keyboard and mouse yesterday. (also the mouse's scroll wheel isnt working anymore for some reason.)

could these problems be caused by the cmos battery of the motherboard and is there any fix for this?

Thank you!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What are the maker and model for the "bronze" 450watt psu?

Would like some more info about hardware, but that 700watt psu i would change as soon as possible.

Can do the next for more hardware info,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

pekopekora

Prominent
Nov 14, 2021

Would like some more info about hardware, but that 700watt psu i would change as soon as possible.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Raven Ridge, RV-B0)
3500 MHz (35.00x100.0) @ 2856 MHz (28.60x99.9)
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
BIOS: 5606, 07/13/2021
Chipset: AMD A320 (Promontory)
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 1198 MHz, 17-17-17-39
- 8192 MB PC19200 DDR4 SDRAM - SpecTek
Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8 (Raven) [ASUS]
AMD Radeon Vega 8, 2048 MB DDR4 SDRAM
Drive: ST1000DM003-1SB10C, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Sound: ATI/AMD Display HD Audio Controller
Sound: AMD Raven/Renoir/Van Gogh/Cezanne/Rembrandt/Raphael - Audio Processor - HD Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19044.1415 (21H2)

pekopekora

Prominent
Nov 14, 2021

oh sorry, forgot about the psu info but its an Inplay GS450PRO which im not really sure if its actually rated 80+ but ive seen some people using it to power systems that are higher end than mine good so i think that it wont be so bad.