[SOLVED] Keyboard and mouse is not working on startup and bios

Jun 26, 2021
I was trying to boot a computer last night and i remember that i went to recovery option by holding the shift key and click restart button . When i choose the booting option menu on the recovery option suddenly my keyboard and mouse didn't work. So i switched off the computer and turn it again after that i cannot able to use my computer and mouse. I thought the usb and keyboard was broken but usb is giving light to mouse. So it was not a big problem. I cannot able to go to bios because my keyboard is not working.

These are things i tried to fix

- unplug the mouse and plug it again
-going to bios (i cannot able to use mouse as well as keyboard in recovery option)
- remove c-mos battery
-checked my mouse and keyboard in another computer but works fine.
-unplug all the cables and turn on the computer but nothing worked
- recovery option (i cannot able to use mouse as well as keyboard in recovery option)

Please help me to fix the problem

Solution
What is your motherboard model?

Some motherboards require you to enable the support for Legacy USB devices in the Bios so that USB keyboard and USB mouse could work.

However, if your motherboard has a PS/2 connector, you can use an old PS/2 keyboard to make changes to the Bios.
What is your motherboard model?

Some motherboards require you to enable the support for Legacy USB devices in the Bios so that USB keyboard and USB mouse could work.

However, if your motherboard has a PS/2 connector, you can use an old PS/2 keyboard to make changes to the Bios.

Solution