Question Keyboard and mouse not working after rebooting or turning on PC ?

Aug 28, 2021
Hello all,
this is my second PC build and I have encountered a problem I have never experienced. Specs for new build are as follows:
-AMD Ryzen 5 2600
-Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4
-G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4-3600
-EVGA BQ 500 W 80+ Bronze Semi Modular ATX

So my main issue is whenever I restart or turn off my PC and turn it back on, the keyboard and mouse do not turn on nor work. At first I thought that it was an issue with windows or the hardware itself (Steel Series Apex 3 keyboard & Rival 3 mouse). However, I have plugged my old keyboard, a corsair k95 RGB and steel series 800 mouse into the rig and they experience the same thing. Except I didn't do any altercations to the old keyboard and mouse through windows like I had tried when trouble shooting the new key board. I have since plugged my new key board and mouse into my old rig and have no issues what so ever. Restart, shut down, boot, etc. the keyboard and mouse are immediately recognizable. I have no clue what to do to fix this issue on my new PC. Please help. I am thinking it has something to do with the BIOS and have done quite a bit of research and tried different things but to no avail.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS