Keyboard and mouse not working in Windows 7 after installing Windows 10 and keeping both OS

quintonputter

Commendable
Jan 28, 2019
I installed Windows 10 without removing Windows 7 for keeping both the OS on the same drive. After installing and trying to boot Windows 7, the keyboard and mouse does not work at all.

I also get the "Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" message.

Please help!

capsandogs

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2012
I am having the same issue (installing windows 7 on a new machine for my dad because he doesn't want to pay 700$ for adobe CS6 per year when he paid a * for CS5 which only works on windows 7). I'm very sad nobody has responded to you. I will reply back if I find an answer, but I have seen some people saying the keyboard and USB need to be in a USB 2.0 port for windows 7, the mobo I have does not have any USB 2.0 ports :/

quintonputter

Commendable
Jan 28, 2019
Update: So essentially, up until now I've been using Windows 7. Play all my games there, etc. The only reason I want Windows 10 also, is so that I can play Minecraft with my boyfriend. (he plays on Xbox One)

Fiddled around more today, booting up Windows 7, everything works. Boot up Windows 10, everything works. Boot up 7 again, my USB mouse and keyboard stop working. Plug in a PS/2 keyboard, it works, reboot and go into 7, USB keyboard and mouse works again.

I am beyond fed up at this point. Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

capsandogs

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2012
You could reach out to the company that makes your motherboard and see if they have anything to say. Apparently there are some updates for some mobos that can be loaded into the BIOS that may fix things permanently.