keyboard and mouse on xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Does anyone know if you can use a pc keyboard and mouse on the xbox 360 to play shoot em ups as i am so much better with keyboard and mouse.

I have a Microsoft usb mouse and a Saitek usb gaming keyboard.

akscottbot

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
The use of keyboard and mouse has not been built into any current games. MS forbade any developers to add keyboard/mouse support for the first xbox, to differentiate it from a pc. However they have issued no such mandate for the 360. You can currently use a keyboard for text entry on the dashboard, and i would think you would need it for text entry in FFXI. Use of a keyboard/mouse in-game would have to be included by game developers. Not my thing, but it seems to be a good idea.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Does anyone know if you can use a pc keyboard and mouse on the xbox 360 to play shoot em ups as i am so much better with keyboard and mouse.

I have a Microsoft usb mouse and a Saitek usb gaming keyboard.

erm, you bought a console to play FPS games, why didnt you just stick with the PC?

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
there is no way i would buy an xbox 360 when i have a pc that is far better. i just wanted to use it round my m8s house as he is really good at COD2 with the pad and really rubs it in every time we lose but i know i could kick his arse at the game if i had my keyboard and mouse.
i am using XP pro as my operating system.
I dont see the xbox 360 as being anything special. PCs will always be the best for gaming and all round entertainment for me.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
there is no way i would buy an xbox 360 when i have a pc that is far better. i just wanted to use it round my m8s house as he is really good at COD2 with the pad and really rubs it in every time we lose but i know i could kick his arse at the game if i had my keyboard and mouse.
i am using XP pro as my operating system.
I dont see the xbox 360 as being anything special. PCs will always be the best for gaming and all round entertainment for me.

ah ok, i see.

as far as i kno you cant get a keyboard and mouse.

G

The draw to consoles is that you never have to upgrade and you don't need to know anything about your console to know if you'll be able to play a game or not. Consoles are much more user friendly in every way. That's why tech's usually play pc games and kids and hillbillies play nintendo and nascar.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Couldnt resist chipping in on this, fighting games and driving games I use my console, for FPS its my PC. IMO FPS games on the consoles suck, aiming is a b@stard, tho I heard they tweak the games to autotarget the enemy when you get near enough (some games do anyhoo, dunno if all) to make life a little easier. Both systems have their place and as I just spuffed a load of cash on my pc im hoping its futureproofed for at least a few years......
Guitar Hero on the Wii tho, awesome!

techdeuce

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
There are some keyboard like devices and mice for the 360 and the ps3, you just have to be very diligent in your search for them. SEarch for the MOBI that is soon to be released for the ps3 it looks slick.

rvds619

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
sorry but all of you arguing of this is dumb lol. Just searched google for a 360 mouse to end up laughing at all your fights about who is more of a nerd than the next. just accept that even microsoft who gives you windows for pc users also give you the 360 so when you argue about who is better realize that you are only making an ass out of yourself too by fighting the company that is giving either of you what you want. Console gamers who like fps have the right to enjoy them in any capacity they want along with all other genra's and the same rights go to pc gamers if not they would of never made the 360 pad capable of working on the pc. I have a 360, build my own computers, and install advanced home entertainment and integration systems, so i would say technological i am well rounded. I just hope i can enlighten the gaming community to be more open minded because i know that can help create alot better games and systems in the future, cause i know for a fact we wouldnt have a 360 if pc and console people didn't come together and say lets build something we both like.

kanaric

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Wow are you ever an ignorant moron. I am a 'tech' and I play 360. I used to be a PC gamer fanboy, but then I realized I was pissing my money away ever 1.5-2 years trying to stay on top of the technology. I bought a 360 so I do not have to sink another $175-$250 into my pc every time I turn around to play a new game.
Why do you have to do this? Never had to do this on any system i have built, maybe upgrade a video card ever 2-3 years, in that time the graphics on the console would be outdated anyways and these days most games work with older graphics cards just not on the highest settings.

Your reasons for not liking gaming on the PC makes me question that you ever did game on the pc.

G

to use mouse and keyboard on xbox 360 you need to buy a XFPS 3.0 sniper it is an adapter that letd you use the mouse and keyboard for gaming ont he 360

Skiterlingua

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Does anyone actually have the XFPS adapter or seen it work? I just wanted to try and get another opinion before I put down a 100 bucks. Will it get you banned on xbox live?

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I have seen a commercial advertising a keyboard/mouse setup for 360 but I have never seen it in stores or know if it works but I'd love to know too. I prefer PC but my friends are all on XBOX 360 so I am being forced, slowly, to switch.

G

I was introduced to gaming on the PS1 i liked taking apart computers and playing warcraft but now that I am older and have experienced tournament console gaming i have to say i am substantially better on the 360 or "sticks" than board and mouse, although i can hold my own with PC FPS games. I would like to see, in the near future, a merge of console and PC gamers on the same network to test my "sticks" skills on a true PC gamer. And yeh, that was one long ass run-on sentence.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I was introduced to gaming on the PS1 i liked taking apart computers and playing warcraft but now that I am older and have experienced tournament console gaming i have to say i am substantially better on the 360 or "sticks" than board and mouse, although i can hold my own with PC FPS games. I would like to see, in the near future, a merge of console and PC gamers on the same network to test my "sticks" skills on a true PC gamer. And yeh, that was one long ass run-on sentence.
Though I am quite certain players using sticks as you put it could hold their own against their mouse/keyboard counterparts, they are still at a slight disadvantage. It would be interesting to see how much but using a mouse you can whip around much more quickly that you can with sticks (in my experience) and to pros that makes a huge difference.

G

Call of Duty 4.

There was a LAN, I don't recall the name, but I remember it was an xbox vs pc ladder. PC teams and 360 teams went against eachother. All the xbox teams were eliminated quickly, and it was just a pc ladder in the end. Players on the 360 have a huge disadvantage. The way buttons are organized makes it a lot less functional, and the sticks arn't as great for aiming. I.E. auto-aim.

G

Call of Duty 4.

There was a LAN, I don't recall the name, but I remember it was an xbox vs pc ladder. PC teams and 360 teams went against eachother. All the xbox teams were eliminated quickly, and it was just a pc ladder in the end. Players on the 360 have a huge disadvantage. The way buttons are organized makes it a lot less functional, and the sticks arn't as great for aiming. I.E. auto-aim.

That is amazing that people on the PC could play people on the xbox 360 on a game that does not allow such a thing. Could you show us how this ladder worked? Just wondering....

4040tee

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
you do know that there are 360 controllers for the pc right?

and as this whole topic entails there are also forms of mouse and keyboard on the 360.

so....

put two and two together lil bud ;D, (sure you'll figure it out if you put your mind to it!)

the only thing that i see lacking here is that if the ladder was held on the pc, then the controller players would be left without there aimbots..

Status
Not open for further replies.