[SOLVED] Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

GangDasCuecas

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
This started happening just today, I was playing games and then my mouse just stopped working for a split second and then it came back. But now this happens very often, like at least every 2 minutes, and also there was 2 times where the port where the mouse was plugged in just completely died and I had to restart the PC for it to work again.

Now the keyboard part, I didn't noticed it until 15 minutes ago, not sure if it is caused by the same thing or just coincidence, when I sign out of my Windows profile, the keyboard stops working and I have to unplug and replug it for it to work.

I updated my mouse's firmware and software, and it still happens.

Thanks in advance for helping!

Edit: Whenever the mouse or the keyboard stops working the led lights are still on, expect when the usb port "died".

Solution
Make and models: mouse, keyboard?

OS?

Try the keyboard and mouse on another computer.

Try another known working keyboard and mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse/keyboard or stays with your computer.

Test just one or the other at first. If working singly then try the pair together.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and models: mouse, keyboard?

OS?

Try the keyboard and mouse on another computer.

Try another known working keyboard and mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse/keyboard or stays with your computer.

Test just one or the other at first. If working singly then try the pair together.

Solution