Keyboard and Mouse wont work during windows 7 install

envijapan

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
Hello everyone.

I've just built a rig for a friend of mine. During bios the mouse and keyboard function, however when I boot windows 7 install from USB the mouse and keyboard don't seem to be detected and I am just stuck on the select language etc page. I can't even see a visible cursor.
I figure this is a USB 3.0 driver problem, and newer motherboards not supporting windows 7 install, however I've tried every USB port and apparently this mobo doesn't have USB 2.0?

One possible solution I've thought of is to buy a DVD drive and a PS/2 converter, install windows then the USB 3.0 driver from the CD I got in the motherboard box.
Question: is this likely to work? I don't want to waste buying the drive and converter if this wont make a difference
Question 2: if USB is supposedly not working to detect the mouse and keyboard, how is it able to load the windows install from the USB?

If anyone has any other suggestions/solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mobo: ASUS B350-Plus
CPU: Ryzen 1600 box

Solution
I don't know if you've gotten around this yet, your post is almost a week old.

I would say your conclusion about USB 3.0 is correct.

Most motherboard BIOSs have an option or "patch" that allows it to emulate PS/2 and compatible devices. have a look in your BIOS for such a setting.

The other thing I've gotten away with on occasion is to plug a keyboard into one of the front USB 2.0 case ports.

Tanyac

Reputable
I don't know if you've gotten around this yet, your post is almost a week old.

I would say your conclusion about USB 3.0 is correct.

Most motherboard BIOSs have an option or "patch" that allows it to emulate PS/2 and compatible devices. have a look in your BIOS for such a setting.

The other thing I've gotten away with on occasion is to plug a keyboard into one of the front USB 2.0 case ports.

Solution