Keyboard And mouse wont work even in safe mode, help.

Nodupe

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Recently,i installed 32bit Vga driver, and forgot that i have 64 bit OS,i know it was stupid ,now i cant even doing anything with my keyboard&mouse when windows start after bios, even in safe mode, i tried to reinstall my windows 7 from disk, and i cant click next on setup because keyboard wont work.
please help me.

pardon my bad english, and thankyou.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Do you have any other mice that will work? if you do you can leave the keyboard and mouse that won't work plugged in and go into devices and printers>look for devices with ?> click troubleshoot and it will give you the option of installing a generic driver. If you can't even manage to get another mouse to work make sure you have the keyboard and mouse plugged into the USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, and also make sure your bios are up to date. I would consider BIOS to be a last resort.

Nodupe

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

i had my old mouse, and tried to plug into usb port 2.0 and 3.0
For motherboard i use Asrock 970 Pro3, is there any way to boot windows without vga driver or else?or uninstall previouse installed driver? thanks for the answer anyway.

Nodupe

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

yeah its working now thanks.. i plug my old K-board & mouse, to my front usb panel,now i can reinstall my windows.. thanks for help

Matty99

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

Matty99

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I had a similar problem.. I thought it may be some virus or malware.. but without a Mouse I could not run anything. I tried.. Bios.. select Safe Options and close.. no change.. Start with last Known Good Configuration.. No change..
So i thought I would try ALL the usb ports to see if any of them worked.. YES the front Ports worked and the mouse was active.. so.. Mouse was ok.. Mouse Drivers Ok.. Must be a problem with USB drivers.. So.. Right click on My Computer icon... select Device Manager.. scroll down to the bottom Uninversal Setial Bus Controllers.. Now.. one by one select and DELETE the listings. At some point you will lose your mouse operation again.. so use the Down arrow key and the Del key to completely remove ALL USB listings.. you can do in safe mode or not.. same result.. Restart the computer.. Windows will Re Install all the Drivers again.. and you will get your Mouse / Keyboard back again Cheers