Question keyboard and mouse won't work in windows

banana-acid

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
i rebuilted my pc and every think went as expected i booted in the bios and there i selected the first drive after that i leaved the bios and started windows but than my keyboard and mouse don't do anything but light up like normally. what could be the problem?

banana-acid

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
yeah rebuilt means that we switched the motherboard and cpu because the pc wasn't working. so i can't build it back to clean the os instal. can i fix it in another way?

kanewolf

Titan
yeah rebuilt means that we switched the motherboard and cpu because the pc wasn't working. so i can't build it back to clean the os instal. can i fix it in another way?
A motherboard swap generally requires a claan OS install. My recommendation would be to buy a 250GB SSD, install Windows on that THEN connect your existing drive and salvage your data. Most applications will have to be reinstalled since you have a new Windows registry.

banana-acid

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
A motherboard swap generally requires a claan OS install. My recommendation would be to buy a 250GB SSD, install Windows on that THEN connect your existing drive and salvage your data. Most applications will have to be reinstalled since you have a new Windows registry.

yeah i formatted the drive but now windows won't instal on it because it's thps and it needs te be gtt or something how can i change it