keyboard and mouse work in bios, but not in login screen

garhar2

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
i have a msi b85m p33 motherboard, with an i5 4570 cpu. for some reason my keyboard and mouse stopped working today (they were working yesterday). as stated in the title, they appear to only work in the bios and when loading up the bios, but immediately turns off/something when it makes it to the login screen. i am on windows 8.1 someone please help.

Edit: i have already tried using different ports and they both flashed for a brief moment and turned off. I have also tried using the keyboard and mouse on a different pc, they both work normally.

Solution

damn that really sucks...

Da Tristonien

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014

hey yea literally the same thing here, updated graphics card drivers and since the restart nothing i do works, even the internet connection icon has an "x" and not connecting.. if you find a fix please share it with me!

tino123

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014

I tried everything, called so many different customer support hotlines, I gave up and just fixed it by switching off my pc, switching it back on by spamming the ESC key, went into advanced boot options, and factory restored the hard drive with windows on it. That fixed it for me. try not to update your graphics driver until you find out what caused it. That's my plan atleast

Da Tristonien

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014

damn that really sucks, I have years of things on my pc and i need another option then restoring it... is there no way to revert back to the older update through cmd? this is so silly seriously! do you know if i have 2 hard drives and one has windows 8 on it.. and the only stuff i have on my other harddrive is music, games, movies, etc, crap like that.. would that all be safe still or is everything wiped? never done a full factory restore

Solution