Keyboard buttons having incorrect multiple functions

Miles

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

For some time now, my keyboard has been misfunctioning. Whenever i hit the
spacebar it lowers the volume, whenever i hit left shift when num lock is on
it types a 4 and when i hit right shift it types a 1. when num lock is off,
r. shift acts as end on the numpad and l. shift moves left once. After
looking at troubleshooting and making sure the device is functioning
correctly i have been unable to find the cause, any help would be most
appreciated.

Check both Language and Regional Settings and Keyboard Options in the
Control Panel. Make sure everything is in order in there. Also, you
can try uninstalling the keyboard from Device Manager
(Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc) and reboot to reinstall the keyboard.

-----
Nathan McNulty