Keyboard Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Num Lock won't light up

Adam_129

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Hey guys, the other day I noticed that my Razer BlackWidow gaming keyboards caps lock scroll lock and num lock all stopped indicating. They work 100%, for example I CAN TYPE IN CAPS lol but it doesn't indicate?

I'm thinking its a driver problem with Windows.... Let me know what you all think, thanks!

Solution
i had all my backlighting go out mate. only the caps, numlock led's light up...
seems 1 of the voltage regulators that strobe the led's has died.
sadly theres no fix as its a hardware issue from what i can find, so RMA is your best option if you can.
Jul 7, 2016
Hey Adam_129,

Sorry to hear that your caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock is having problems. I suggest contacting our support team through http://www.razersupport.com/contact-us. Our team will be able to help you out!

Best regards,
Razer Customer Support

Aug 10, 2019
Hey,
maybe a bit late, but it still is an issue for me currently, but for me the issue seems related to USB 3.0, the indicator lights works again when you plug it into USB 2 ports. It might work with newer USB 3 variants, i don't know.
Probably needs an update from Razer, if possible.

Reactions: Walt Peterson
Dec 26, 2019
Hey,
maybe a bit late, but it still is an issue for me currently, but for me the issue seems related to USB 3.0, the indicator lights works again when you plug it into USB 2 ports. It might work with newer USB 3 variants, i don't know.
Probably needs an update from Razer, if possible.
It's never too late! You just solved a very irritating problem with my Blackwidow Chroma V2 Keyboard. Thanks very much for taking the time to post this solution.