keyboard confusion

My friend is facing an unique problem. When he presses k in his keyboard it
comes out as - .
When he presses - , that time also it comes out as -. Thus it is not a
regional language problem as it happens sometime. Can it be possible it is
due to some virus infection or there may be another explanation. Solution /
explanation to this problem will be of great help. Thanks

peter

Keyboards are cheap............get a new one
peter
"Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My friend is facing an unique problem. When he presses k in his keyboard it
> comes out as - .
> When he presses - , that time also it comes out as -. Thus it is not a
> regional language problem as it happens sometime. Can it be possible it is
> due to some virus infection or there may be another explanation. Solution /
> explanation to this problem will be of great help. Thanks

Hi, Peter
My mistake. Should have clarified.
Keyboard works perfectly in other computers.
Which means, bugs, if any, are in the computer and not in the keyboard,and
you will agree getting a new computer is not the solution.

"peter" <peter@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
> Keyboards are cheap............get a new one
> peter
> "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My friend is facing an unique problem. When he presses k in his keyboard
it
> > comes out as - .
> > When he presses - , that time also it comes out as -. Thus it is not a
> > regional language problem as it happens sometime. Can it be possible it
is
> > due to some virus infection or there may be another explanation.
Solution /
> > explanation to this problem will be of great help. Thanks

Try this prog... http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm

Should show any key probs...

Have you used character map to remap the keys?

Guy

Jagdish Chandra wrote:
> Hi, Peter
> My mistake. Should have clarified.
> Keyboard works perfectly in other computers.
> Which means, bugs, if any, are in the computer and not in the
> keyboard,and you will agree getting a new computer is not the
> solution.
>

> "peter" <peter@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
>> Keyboards are cheap............get a new one
>> peter
>> "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> My friend is facing an unique problem. When he presses k in his
>>> keyboard it comes out as - .
>>> When he presses - , that time also it comes out as -. Thus it is
>>> not a regional language problem as it happens sometime. Can it be
>>> possible it is due to some virus infection or there may be another
>>> explanation. Solution / explanation to this problem will be of
>>> great help. Thanks

Hi,
Bigguy,
Will try the program.
Sounds silly, but don't know how to use character map to remap keys.
Will be highly obliged if you tell me about it.