Keyboard dilema - Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite RGB vs Asus Strix Flare RGB

Solution
They will feel and perform similarly since they have the same switch type. The HyperX Alloy Elite has slightly better build quality. I have heard that the Strix Flare has firmware issues.

I would just get whichever one looks better, but my (very slightly favored) choice would be the HyperX Alloy Elite. If you have like anything that syncs up with Aura Sync, it would be better to get the Strix Flare just to color match.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
They will feel and perform similarly since they have the same switch type. The HyperX Alloy Elite has slightly better build quality. I have heard that the Strix Flare has firmware issues.

I would just get whichever one looks better, but my (very slightly favored) choice would be the HyperX Alloy Elite. If you have like anything that syncs up with Aura Sync, it would be better to get the Strix Flare just to color match.

Solution

clubman

Commendable
Dec 1, 2017
I am leaning to HyperX also, having in mind the possible firmware issues of the Asus. I don't have any Asus component and I am not having any plans for such, so Aura Sync doesn't tempt me.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

I should say that those two keyboards are still inferior to Corsair K-series keyboards for around the same price. K95 Platinum is far, far better build quality than either of those and still around the ~$170 range usually. Not to mention the same dedicated media macros and 6 extra macro keys. The only thing with Corsair keyboards is that their software is not exactly user-friendly, but it is still the most customizable.

The HyperX Alloy Elite and Strix Flare are still fine, it's just that Corsair has the much more mature platform for keyboards right now. HyperX and Asus both are pretty new to the keyboard market by comparison.