Keyboard doesn’t work after startup

Sep 11, 2018
When I boot my pc it asks me
Windows 7
Windows 7 (Recovered)
I select windows 7 with the arrow keys and hit enter then it boots me into windows but then neither the keyboard work or the mouse. They light up. If I hit claps lock it should light up the light for claps lock, it doesn’t same for the num lock.
edit i have been able to get into my pc with a ps/2 connection. tried alot of things so far. Nothing.
please help

Solution
Pending some additional information (error codes, warnings, other system events) not sure what more to suggest.

Perhaps someone else will read through the thread and spot some error of omission or commission on my part.

Certainly fine with me.

Sep 11, 2018

Windows 7 recovered tells you how to install windows . My mouse and keyboard don’t work until I boot it into windows. In the bios it works. I can’t log in

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what to suggest:

Try another known working keyboard - just a matter of elimination. Try the current keyboard on another system. Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the system.

Do you have a recovery disk? Try that.

Sep 11, 2018

The keyboard works on my old laptop. I’m pretty sure it’s an software problem.
And no I don’t have an recovery disk.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what else to suggest.

Your computer seems to be in some sort of dual boot situation: I.e., Windows 7 and Windows 7 (Recovered).

And corrupted.

You will probably need to use the PS/2 to get in and fix things.

The following link may be helpful to you:

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/windows-failed-to-start-file-boot-bcd-3889.html

Not that you necessarily need to immediately do what is suggested. Especially since we do not really know what the problem is or what may have happened.

First look, then do some additional research based on what you find. The more you know, the more likely you will be able to identify the problem.

Recommendation - do ensure that all data is backed up and verified readable. If there is a problem with the boot process you may end up with an unbootable drive.

Sep 11, 2018

Sep 11, 2018

Ralston18

Titan
Clarify- you are plugging the keyboard and mouse into USB ports that do not work?

And neither the USB keyboard or USB mouse work once past BIOS and into Windows 7.

Boot with PS/2 keyboard and then download and reinstall the applicable Windows 7 USB drivers.

Sep 11, 2018

Tried it

Ralston18

Titan
Pending some additional information (error codes, warnings, other system events) not sure what more to suggest.

Perhaps someone else will read through the thread and spot some error of omission or commission on my part.

Certainly fine with me.

Solution