[SOLVED] Keyboard doesn't work for a few seconds after boot/wake from sleep

Aug 28, 2019
I can't tell if this is a general windows 10 issue or something specific to my computer so I'm putting it here but let me know if I should move it. I got the Gigabyte Aero 15 Classic-SA-F74ADW recently and since I've had it I've noticed this issue. Immediately after booting it or waking it up from sleeping the screen turns on but the keyboard doesn't respond for a few seconds. Sometimes the mouse also doesn't work but other times they both don't respond. It doesn't seem to affect the computer any other time except for when it first opens. I end up just stuck on the lock screen as I wait to be able to login. Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 28, 2019
I would expect there is an application on laptop from Gigabyte you can use to check drivers as it could be a driver issue.

I don't see a keyboard driver listed on here https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Laptop/AERO-15-Classic--Intel-9th-Gen/support#support-dl-driver
I actually think its a windows issue. Further testing shows that I can use the keyboard shortcut to cut off the rgb on the keys even though I can't open the login screen on windows. It seems to me like the keyboard is responding but windows just isn't detecting it for some reason. Also afaik the keyboard drivers are up to date.