Question Keyboard eventually powers off

Svalkash

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
Got a new computer some time ago and noticed that my keyboard eventually powers off, ~once every day.
2 times were when I didn't used computer for some time (waited for defrag), but the last time was during game.
Mouse works fine for now. PS/2 port for mouse doesn't work at all (power is on, but can't detect old mouse. Don't know what's wrong). Also noticed some noise in USB speakers, seems like it was power fluctuations in USB.

Keyborad: SVEN Challenge 9900, worked perfectly before.
MB: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 gaming k4.
Power: CollerMaster MasterWatt 600 Lite.

That's readings from HWINFO
View: https://imgur.com/a/0D3LthS

What do you mean keyboard powers off, as it no longer works at all? Set the system to never go to sleep and see what happens. Some better details about the issue would be helpful like what exactly happens. Keyboard powering off is normal when computer goes to sleep.

If you are using a solid state drive, don't run defrag on it.

Svalkash

Reputable
Dec 10, 2019
What do you mean keyboard powers off, as it no longer works at all? Set the system to never go to sleep and see what happens. Some better details about the issue would be helpful like what exactly happens. Keyboard powering off is normal when computer goes to sleep.

If you are using a solid state drive, don't run defrag on it.

No LED, no reaction to buttons. Seems like power is disabled from USB port. But if I unplug and plug keyboard back, everything works as usual.

Sleep was disabled when keyboard did that thing last time (and I didn't leave it for long time, I was in game!). And computer continued to work, responded to mouse movements, etc.

Already tried to disable option in Windows Control Panel (that powers off USB power for energy saving, it didn't help. Deep Sleep enabled in BIOS, but... can it cause this issue?

About defrag - no, I have an HDD for big files. And, btw, Windows doesn't "defrag" SSDs anymore, but "optimizes" them... not sure how.