Question Keyboard for gaming

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I have an expensive mechanical keyboard which I like for general use. As this is a summer holiday, I want to play some games. I often feel motion sickness when playing first person shooting games like Metro. I like those RPG games like Gauntlet. Is it recommended to get a keyboard for gaming? Before Corsair came out with the wireless mechanical keyboard K63 about a year ago, people said that it is better to use wired keyboards to avoid lag. Is the K63 wireless keyboard sufficiently good enough to provide an excellent gaming experience? What are the top three RGB equipped gaming keyboards? What features should I look at? I guess comfort for long use, pretty RGB lightings and good respond are good factors? What else? Thanks

Last edited:

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
I dont know how to say this but a gaming keyboard will not fix your motion sickness problems. If you're not playing competitively then you really don't need to worry about if your keyboard needs to be wired or wireless since we're talking in millseconds and only counterstrike people and/or starcraft fanatics have twitch reactions that will boggle the mind.

Use the keyboard that is most comfortable to YOU. Doesn't matter if it's mechanical or the extreme flat contact pads etc.. but if gaming is a must and you want rgb, try the RAZOR series since they offer top of the notch features for all as far as responsiveness, tactile durability, and of course, RGB styles up the YinYang. Good luck!

for gaming with a mechanical keyboard, the "blue" type switches require greater pressure than "red" or "brown" switches, which can be more tiring and lead to a slightly delayed response, thus something with "red" switches (or "brown" if you want the clicky sound) are recommended for gaming.

The colors were chosen by Cherry when they first made them, Copycats Kailh, ALPS, and Outemu use teh same colors, Razor has different colors (I think their "Green" matches Cherry Red)