[SOLVED] Keyboard "held" input on right arrow key

BerylliumEagle

Honorable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm at my wit's end trying to troubleshoot this one.

The issue is that on SOME games (not all), the computer thinks that I'm holding down the right arrow key only (and the menu behaves as such). It is not a keyboard issue, since I've tried three separate wired keyboards and they all have the issue. The keyboards work just fine typing in a browser, on youtube, etc. just in-game on certain games.

I've tried reinstalling the games and restarting the pc, no luck. Issue persists across all usb ports as well.

I'm thinking it's gotta be some kind of software that's running when I start the games, anybody have any idea?

Solution
First look in Task Manager to determine what all is being launched at startup and running in the background.

Window 10?

Use "WIN" +"I" to check the Gaming and the Ease of Access configuration settings on your computer.

There are many options to work with; read carefully and make only one change at a time. Keep notes in case you need to go back and undo a change.

And would be helpful if you list the games that have the right arrow key problem and the games that do not have the right arrow key problem.

Ralston18

Titan
First look in Task Manager to determine what all is being launched at startup and running in the background.

Window 10?

Use "WIN" +"I" to check the Gaming and the Ease of Access configuration settings on your computer.

There are many options to work with; read carefully and make only one change at a time. Keep notes in case you need to go back and undo a change.

And would be helpful if you list the games that have the right arrow key problem and the games that do not have the right arrow key problem.

Solution