Keyboard inoperable, No access to XP

I downloaded the 708_111.exe firmware for the Plextor 708 from Plextor's
North
American site.

After installing, information presented indicated success and required a
reboot.

After rebooting the keyboard has been inoperable when WIN XP Professional is
booted.

Keyboard is operational when entering the BIOS and when booting from a
prepared ms-dos disk.

Windows boots to the sign-in stage but I am unable to type the password.

I had been using a Logitech wireless keyboard but after the reboot when the
BIOS reported NO
KEYBOARD FOUND I switched to a conventional keyboard. The BIOS no longer
reported a problem but keyboard is inoperable in WIN XP.

Booting from the original XP Professional disk proceeds to the point where
enter is to be pressed but keyboard is inoperable.

I moved the drive to another computer and inspected the log files. I have a
large 700k text file that describes the firmware installation but I am not
knowledgeable enough to decipher what happened.

Any advise appreciated.

Don

"Don Morgan" <don_morgan4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded the 708_111.exe firmware for the Plextor 708 from Plextor's
>North
> American site.
>
> After installing, information presented indicated success and required a
> reboot.
>
> After rebooting the keyboard has been inoperable when WIN XP Professional
> is
> booted.
>
> Keyboard is operational when entering the BIOS and when booting from a
> prepared ms-dos disk.
>
> Windows boots to the sign-in stage but I am unable to type the password.
>
> I had been using a Logitech wireless keyboard but after the reboot when
> the BIOS reported NO
> KEYBOARD FOUND I switched to a conventional keyboard. The BIOS no longer
> reported a problem but keyboard is inoperable in WIN XP.
>
> Booting from the original XP Professional disk proceeds to the point where
> enter is to be pressed but keyboard is inoperable.
>
> I moved the drive to another computer and inspected the log files. I have
> a large 700k text file that describes the firmware installation but I am
> not knowledgeable enough to decipher what happened.

Connect the keyboard to the PS/2 port instead of the USB port.

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.