[SOLVED] Keyboard input - display on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2023
Hi,
I am part of a computer help association for seniors. I would like to submit a question that I was asked during a course.
For instance, when you press the letter A on the keyboard and only the application Paint is open.
What happens to the data ( letter A) ? Is the data destroyed by the OS?

Thanks.
Palmier278

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2023
Thanks for your answer.

In my example, when you press the letter A on the keyboard and only the application Paint is open. Yes, keyboard typing input is ignored. But, does computer store this keyboard typing input of the letter A and will use it when a text-editor will be open later?

If you have Paint in text mode and have clicked on the screen to produce a text field, when pressing the A key, an A will be written on screen inside the text field.
If you just press the A key, nothing happens, and the keyboard input is ignored. It will not be saved.

Thanks for your answer.

In my example, when you press the letter A on the keyboard and only the application Paint is open. Yes, keyboard typing input is ignored. But, does computer store this keyboard typing input of the letter A and will use it when a text-editor will be open later?
No, ignored input is not stored anywhere for future use.

Reactions: palmier278
Status
Not open for further replies.