Keyboard Input Lag - Razer Arctosa driver0

zalibidas

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Hi everyone. I'm having some issues with razer arctosa keyboard drivers. They seem to be causing my PC to lag up keyboard input at random occasions and have caused a BSOD or two so far as indicated by the logs. Arctosa.sys seems to be the cause of this.

Here is a small list of things I've done so far. Not all of them, but all I can remember right off.

Replacing the keyboard(tried to replace it with another arctosa.. then seeing that this did not fix it, returned it and got a Logitec G510. Issue remains)
Uninstalling any drivers I installed since the date it started happening, along with programs. I did this through add/remove programs and cleaned most of them through driver sweeper(couldn't find arctosa on there)
Checked the admin logs to see if anything funny showed up. Nothing.
Checked sticky keys, and made sure everything was right.
Switched from MSN to a different messaging program to see if this was what was causing it(before I knew it was the drivers)
Checked for any spare USB devices that may have been lingering on the system using USBDeview and removed any I saw. Didn't resolve the issue.
Ran several antivirus scans and antispyware scans. Few things found. Few things cleaned. Issue still occurs
Cleaned the registry of anything related to arctosa.

Perhaps I just need to find a way to remove that sys file once and for all, but I don't really know.

zalibidas

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Oh, and just to throw this out there. I also tried playing on a gamepad on some games to confirm its not an issue with the USB in general. Seems gamepads do not have this issue. Games play perfectly fine.

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
A few questions:

1 What OS are you using?
2 On the BSOD it normaly tells you what caused the problem, can you confirm it was the same thing each time?
3 Is your PC more sluggish than normal in any other way?
4 Have you tried anything else on the USB ports?

Thanks

zalibidas

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

1. Windows 7 Home
2. I've confirmed it to seemingly be an issue with Arctosa.sys. I've only had it BSOD once, though, when I closed a few things like the panel. Now that I have had it removed for a while.. no issues with BSOD, but still the input lag.
3. No. My PC is running as fast as ever. Just that one issue.
4. Yes. I've tried my controller(Xbox 360 controller), mouse(razer mamba), and my headset(Sennheiser 333D). All of which work fine.

I'll try to explain whats happening a little bit further in detail as well. As long as I'm not using the keyboard, the issues do not happen. If I find myself typing a lot like on MSN or sometimes on forums, it happens. Mostly I notice it in games since they seem to use the keyboard the most. What is happening, is the keyboard will seemingly freeze. If I hit buttons while its frozen, all the text will appear on my screen at once after like 10 seconds. I'm not to sure what could be causing this, but I've tried a lot to get this thing running normal and I really don't want to restore windows to factory default.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

Keyboard connected via usb ?
If yes, connect it to another usb.
Re-install latest arctosa driver. Do not mix keyboards with different unrelated drivers.

zalibidas

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
*Cleaned registry*
*Uninstalling any drivers I installed since the date it started happening, along with programs*

If you read, in the second one I mentioned, I also mentioned uninstalling the arctosa drivers. I have also tried different USB ports.