Question Keyboard isnt working on Acer 2-in-1 laptop/tablet ?

Sep 30, 2023
Hello,
I'm trying to fix my friend's Acer Aspire Swift 12s notebook with a keyboard that doesn't work.
It's a 2-in-1 device so the keyboard is detachable. When I connect the keyboard to the tablet, t works about 1 out of 20 times. I thought it was a fault with the drivers, however I have updated these both from the manufacturer's website and with a program.

Then I was hoping it was just dirty pins that needed cleaning which connect to the tablet, but I found that there are no pins, so I have no idea how the keyboard communicates with the tablet. After taking the keyboard apart, I found that there is only 0.7V on the input from the tablet. When the keyboard finally connected after several attempts, I measured 7.5 V. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks for any advice.

20230930-165807.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think you were meaning to state Switch, since I couldn't find much about a 2-in-1 by the name of Swift. Have you tried removing the keyboard driver located within Device Manager? If you haven't try uninstalling the keyboard and then reboot the system.

To me it reads like the base module needs replacing or at the very least the magnetic latch that the screen docks into is faulty causing an improper connection.