Question Keyboard issue on Asus X555 is driving me crazy !!!

hudtwalcker

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
I got this old Asus X555lj and it's been having an issue with the shift keys for a while, tried everything, finally got around to formatting and starting from scratch, and everything was fine for a few days then it started again, so the issue is that it doesn't work sometimes, or most of the time, I need to press it several times for it to work ad that is for both shift keys,

I was thinking it was a glitch or software/malware related but now this laptop has been formatted so.... I guess it's hardware related but if that was the case, why does it work after I press it several times and then stops working again after a few secs ??? Also the numlock key has been acting the same and that seems to be something new.

Lutfij

Titan
finally got around to formatting and starting from scratch
What OS are you working with and where did you source the installer for your OS?

Have you made sure to check and see if the laptop has any BIOS versions pending update? If the laptop keyboard's switch is physically compromised with dirt/debris/lint or that the keyboard itself had some form of liquid damage, then the issue could definitely be compounded.

Can you clarify if you sourced all necessary drivers for your laptop from their support site here;
?

If so, did you manually install all (latest)drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? You're also advised to disconnect from the www when you begin installing the OS, just so the OS doesn't download and install drivers it thinks is right for your platform.