Question Keyboard keeps disconnecting

Apr 24, 2021
Hello,

I have a keyboard, which seems to be very weird, it keeps disconnecting every 5 or so seconds. I've already tried the "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" option, that doesn't work. I've tried updating the keyboard drivers, didn't work, they were already "up-to-date". I've tried to reinstall my keyboard drivers, also doesn't work. And there is no software for my keyboard. I have my old PC lying around somewhere, and I tried using the keyboard on my old PC, and it worked fine, I did not try any of the options (that did not work on my main PC), and it still worked fine.

Apr 24, 2021
1. My USB hub is built into my pc, other than that, any USB hub accessories, no.

2. I have tried different USB ports, though I have the same problems on all USB ports.

Apr 24, 2021
Doesn't seem to work as well.

Yeah, I told you my keyboard is weird, I tried returning it and they said "nah everything is fine" and I was like "okayyyyyy"

jdominicjackson

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
Hello,

I have a keyboard, which seems to be very weird, it keeps disconnecting every 5 or so seconds. I've already tried the "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" option, that doesn't work. I've tried updating the keyboard drivers, didn't work, they were already "up-to-date". I've tried to reinstall my keyboard drivers, also doesn't work. And there is no software for my keyboard. I have my old PC lying around somewhere, and I tried using the keyboard on my old PC, and it worked fine, I did not try any of the options (that did not work on my main PC), and it still worked fine.
faulty keyboard.
have you tred diofferent usb ports?
is it still faulty?
than its the keyboard and its faulty.

Apr 24, 2021
Okay, I have a bit of more news.

The keyboard works, it's not faulty, but, on my main PC I have to disable the RGB on the keyboard, or else it'll disconnect. But... I use VMware sometimes so I can mess around with VM's, and, the RGB works there, no disconnecting issues, nothing. so I don't know what's up with my PC or something, but, just a bit of news.