Question Keyboard keeps on typing the same letter when i hold it for too long.

Sep 2, 2019
I won't be able to explain my problem because it would be kind of hard to me, so i just recorded a video.
This prblem happened twice to me, the first time I was playing some Minecraft with my friends and I find that when I hold the "w" key and stop the character just keeps on goingg for some time then stops, it took about 3 days and then it was solved by itself, then it just happened again today, right before I launched rocket league.
Here is a video of me actually pressing the keys vs how they actually register, I might've tried everything I bought a new keyboard, tweaked the keyboard latency by regedit, changed the repeat rate, and the problem continues after all that, I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me because I searched everywhere for a solution and haven't found one for my specific problem.
Thank you in advance.
Edit: I forgot to mention that it doesn't do that when I type my password on the lockscreen

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model keyboards(s)?

Have you tried other known working keyboards on your computer? Have you tried your keyboards on another known working computer? Determine if the problem stays with the computer or follows the keyboard.

[Note: your comment about a new keyboard leads me to believe that the problem "stayed" with the computer. However a new keyboard could be defective and is thus an "unknown" factor.]

Windows' built-in troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Windows 10 has numerous keyboard/gaming options.

Use "WIN" + "I" to go into Devices > Keyboard and the Gaming options. You may find something there.

Have you tried downloading the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website? If not, then download, reinstall, and reconfigure.

Sep 2, 2019
Make and model keyboards(s)?

Have you tried other known working keyboards on your computer? Have you tried your keyboards on another known working computer? Determine if the problem stays with the computer or follows the keyboard.

[Note: your comment about a new keyboard leads me to believe that the problem "stayed" with the computer. However a new keyboard could be defective and is thus an "unknown" factor.]

Windows' built-in troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Windows 10 has numerous keyboard/gaming options.

Use "WIN" + "I" to go into Devices > Keyboard and the Gaming options. You may find something there.

Have you tried downloading the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website? If not, then download, reinstall, and reconfigure.
I have tried all of these but not yet on another working computer because I don't have another one, but I'm sure it isn't a keyboard problem. If you know any software that might help me check on my usb ports' health it would greatly help me, since i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it a couple of times and it didn't do anything

Sep 2, 2019
Unfortunately, I can't try the keyboard on any other devices right now, since I just traveled to a new country and don't know anyone here, but this problem only happens with my keyboard. I haven't seen anything happening to my mouse, and i've faced this problem shortly after I did the windows 1903 update, so is there anyway to revert back to my older version of windows? Because I'm sure it isn't the keyboard because as I said, I just bought it and my older keyboard had the same problem whenever I plugged it in so i'm sure it isn't a keyboard problem.

Sep 2, 2019
Unfortunately, I can't try the keyboard on any other devices right now, since I just traveled to a new country and don't know anyone here, but this problem only happens with my keyboard. I haven't seen anything happening to my mouse, and i've faced this problem shortly after I did the windows 1903 update, so is there anyway to revert back to my older version of windows? Because I'm sure it isn't the keyboard because as I said, I just bought it and my older keyboard had the same problem whenever I plugged it in so i'm sure it isn't a keyboard problem.
Does this help you in any way?