Question Keyboard keeps pressing random keys while I'm playing videogames.

Jun 28, 2020
My keyboard, ASUS ROG Sagaris GK100, started acting weirdly yesterday. While playing CS:GO it keeps pressing different keys, from what I've seen, mostly the 'Fx' keys and NumLock, Alt+Tab(!), ScrollLock, '=', Caps Lock and Windows key. Because most F keys do nothing in CS GO, I know that it presses F1, because it's my Nvidia screenshot key and F12, because it's Steam screenshot key. It also presses the 'Y' key. It happens not only in Counter Strike, but also in Overwatch, No Man's Sky and Mordhau. I don't have access to another PC to check, if it is my PC's fault, but I updated all the drivers for my Keyboard, scanned my PC with Malwarebytes and plugged the keyboard in different USB Ports in my PC.
Edit 1 : It also presses B, X, Enter and '\'

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020
Test it with safe mode, or a USB Linux boot stick. Try it on a different computer, don't install any of the Asus software just plug it in and see how it works.
As i wrote in the question, I don't have access to any other PC and I don't have any USB stick to install Linux on. The keyboard does this thing only in games, so safe mode will not be a solution for me. As an additional info, my PC sees 3 keyboards, even though I've used only one keyboard since I got it.

As i wrote in the question, I don't have access to any other PC and I don't have any USB stick to install Linux on. The keyboard does this thing only in games, so safe mode will not be a solution for me. As an additional info, my PC sees 3 keyboards, even though I've used only one keyboard since I got it.

You can remove all the keyboards from device manager and reboot, it will pick up whatever it needs after the reboot. Have you setup any custom key options with macros or anything else for the keyboard?

Jun 28, 2020
You can remove all the keyboards from device manager and reboot, it will pick up whatever it needs after the reboot. Have you setup any custom key options with macros or anything else for the keyboard?
I haven't setup any macros or any additional functions on the keyboard. I did what you said, but the PC again shows me 3 keyboards (HID Keyboard Device). Checked iti n Overwatch and it again presses Enter and other keys.

TRENDING THREADS