[SOLVED] Keyboard keeps switching to shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknightrasil

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Keyboard keeps switching to shortcuts and keys won’t enter letters.
I checked Nvidia game settings but those are off I am not sure what is causing it. I am doing a virus check atm.

I have
Motherboard: Rog Maximus XII hero (wi-fi)
And cpu: i9 10th gen

edit:
Keyboard: razer black widow 2014

keyboard works for a few keys then switches to the shortcuts. When it does happen ]/;[>+p is typed in if I’m in a text bar usually. No programs have to be open for it to start. If I click a discord chat room it’s opening google chrome for the room. When I hit esc it’s switching programs that are open.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows10 version information.

Keyboard: make and model?

Are you able to boot up and have the keys work normally?

When does the switch to shortcuts occur? After some period of time, after launching some game, some browser, some utility, etc...?

What specific changes occur? What shortcuts are being put into place?

Start by manually downloading the keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall but make no immediate configuration changes.

If that does not work then run the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Post accordingly. There are still some additional things you can do.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

darkknightrasil

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Think I solved the problem. [Razer Synapse]. I thought I turned it off to see if that was the problem and I didn't. Maybe there was an update that turned it back on. I don't know how to fix the razer synapse issue but keeping it off solves the problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
2 things

1. now I understand a thread you posted yesterday :)
  2. Razer synapse is why I avoid razer hardware. its bad, I remember installing windows one time and half way through install process synapse started and wanted me to logon

Status
Not open for further replies.