Question Keyboard key stuck the longer I press it

Aug 1, 2019
I noticed when gaming that when I hold the Z key (azerty keyboard) for too long the key keeps getting pressed. It's getting pressed longer the longer I initially held it. So if I just hit it once there is nothing but if I press it for long it gets stuck for about 0.5 sec, and longer is 1 sec, 2sec.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
On most key boards you can lift the key off. (Not on mine, a kensington, once you lift it off, it never goes back on right. But I like the keyboard).

Try a q-tip soaked in a bit of WD 40 and clean around the key. Test the procedure on a key that doesn't get much use, like the number 5 on the number pad on the right, to make sure you can get the key back on once you pop it off.

And every now and then take a vacuum cleaner and suck the junk out of the keyboard. GN

Aug 1, 2019
It's a laptop, so I can't really remove the keys. Also if I press hard but for not long it doesn't have this problem, it's only when it's held in for long (5 sec or more)

Aug 1, 2019
So only when I'm in game the Z key (azerty keyboard) gets stuck the longer I press it. So if it's a tap it's fine but pressing it for ~30 sec keeps it pressing for ~2 sec. And longer the more you hold it. I already cleaned the key with compressed air and reinstalled the keyboard drivers. My laptop used to get very hot until I removed dust from the fans and in game the cpu (right under the key) doesn't get hotter than 65°C.

Any help?