[SOLVED] Keyboard keys '1' and '2' not responding ~ Razer Black Widow Chroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfishmong

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
Hi there, sorry don't know if this is the correct thread.

My keyboard keys one and two (on the top line) stopped responding mid-game yesterday. They suddenly started working again a few minutes after. However after turning on today, no response from either.

I have ran the troubleshooter in win 10 with no results. Also been into razer synapse to try and identify the issue, the lighting does not work for either key so I presume this is a hardware issue.

I removed both keys, cleaned thoroughly - to no avail.

Hardware is by no means my specialty, I could really use a hand troubleshooting before I get one ordered tomorrow.

Please assist if possible, I appreciate all the time you can give me.

Thank you muchly, with my warmest regards.

Matt

Solution
If possible, try keyboard on another PC (without installing any Razer related software) -and if keys 1 & 2 still don't work, then I would say it's hardware failure.

Dogfishmong

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
If possible, try keyboard on another PC (without installing any Razer related software) -and if keys 1 & 2 still don't work, then I would say it's hardware failure.

Thank you for this insightful advice. I will try this later today, would you say - if it is a hardware failure - then the keyboard is past its greatness?

Would you purchase a new one rather than attempting to fix?
Again, thank you muchly.

I really hope, some Razer software is causing the trouble.. and in this case I wouldn't really trust uninstalling software only -that's why suggested another PC.
Assuming it's hardware issue... Well, it's an expensive keyboard (I'm happy owner of Razer Blackwidow Lite) and if that would happen to me, I would sure take a look inside before throwing in bin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.