keyboard keys problem

why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the
same time? If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this
because in some games that I play im requiered to press 4
keys or more at the same time to do some actions. Is
there any way to fix this?

thank you

I have difficulty believing a game programmer would configure such a
setup for a Windows based keyboard. Would you be so kind as to provide
the game name?

Josue wrote:

> why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the
> same time? If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this
> because in some games that I play im requiered to press 4
> keys or more at the same time to do some actions. Is
> there any way to fix this?
>
> thank you

Actually, this is the case with all of the games I have ever played (to
the best of my knowledge). I am not sure if this is by design of
DirectX, the programming, hardware limitations or what, but this is how
it is on my games at least.

----
Nathan McNulty

Bob I wrote:
> I have difficulty believing a game programmer would configure such a
> setup for a Windows based keyboard. Would you be so kind as to provide
> the game name?
>
> Josue wrote:
>
>> why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the same time?
>> If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this because in some games
>> that I play im requiered to press 4 keys or more at the same time to
>> do some actions. Is there any way to fix this?
>> thank you

To my knowledge there are NO scancodes the keyboard can produce using
more than 3 simultaneous keys, therefore the programmer would not have
useful input if the game instructions said to press 4 keys at the same
time. I suspect the instructions are to press a SEQUENCE of keys, which
would of course work.