Keyboard keys suddenly repeating faster than they should

gavinormous

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
I have this issue where when I hold any key down on my keyboard, it will repeat like normal for about 2 seconds, and then the repeat rate will suddenly increase. This is very troublesome when I try to play a game, as it causes stuttering in movement.
For example, when I try to play Minecraft, I'll hold down the W key to move forward; it will work for about 2 seconds before the sprint mode will begin to rapidly start and stop. When I play Terraria, I can move left or right like normal for about 2 seconds before my character slows to a near stop, and then begins to stutter in that direction, as if I were manually pressing the key repeatedly.
I have no idea what to make of this issue and can't find a fix. Could it maybe be a virus?

Solution
If it doesn't do that in normal windows use than it's something wrong with those games game settings. I never heard of a virus doing things like that. If that's some custom KB try drivers for it or just go to device manager, uninstall KB driver and replug it.

gavinormous

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

That's not the problem. No matter the repeat rate or delay, if I hold a key down, it will still begin repeating incredibly fast on its own.

If it doesn't do that in normal windows use than it's something wrong with those games game settings. I never heard of a virus doing things like that. If that's some custom KB try drivers for it or just go to device manager, uninstall KB driver and replug it.

Solution