Keyboard lag issue

Karlops

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I never had this problem before, my keyboard started lagging since 3 weeks ago
my keyboard usually lags when gaming and when not
for example when i write a word or a letter sometimes it types and usually it dont and if i write a word few letters doesn't show
for example if i try to write "keyboard lag issues" it shows it like this "Kyboad lg isue" and when i play a game the character moves slowly it moves a little then it stops and then again
this lag stops sometimes and then after few seconds it comes back again i even resetted windows 10 and still the same problem, i was planning to buy a new keyboard but i want to make sure if this problem is coming from my keyboard or from my pc (like motherboard or system problem)
the filter keys and sticky keys are already disabled.
Graphic card: GTX 950
RAM:8GB
Motherboard: H81M-P33

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try another usb port and if you can borrow a keyboard before buying another. At this point, if before 3 weeks ago the keyboard was fine, there could be something wrong with it. Wont entirely be sure its your system until you try another keyboard.

Karlops

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Its "HID Keyboard Device" i dont think its generic i didn't install any software for it and i tried another usb port but still the same problem and the "on screen keyboard" doesn't lag at all, im going to try this keyboard in my friend's pc

boju

Titan
Ambassador
MSI H81M-P33?

Link below to drivers, if you haven't installed the intel chipset driver at the bottom of the list, try that.

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-P33.html#down-driver&Win10%2064

Did you check your friends pc if the usb port you tried was usb 2 or 3? Which ports are you using blue or black? Blue is usb 3.

There could be an issue with usb 3/ usb controller driver if you allowed Windows to use it's own driver. Try updating with system and chipset drivers from MSI.

alternatively could try use an usb to ps2 adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-Adapter-Converter-Purple-Color/dp/B00702SCN8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1496014218&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+to+ps2