Question Keyboard lights r on when just switch on power supply... Slight electric current on my computer case...

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
My PC built:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zJBpP3

I built this PC a month back.... I have no prob using... everything is working fine... but today i found something strange...
The PC was not on... just UPS was on and I touched the my PC I could feel some current (i was barefooted) ...
then I powered off my PC..... powered it back on ... now after a few secs my corsair k95 keyboard lights are on... now i hv to start pc and shutdown to poweroff the keyboard lights...

Things I have tried:
  1. Unplugged all the usb devices and lan cable and audio cable and display cable etc from the pc except keyboard (to check if any device malfunction)... power off PSU and back on... keyboard again power on after few secs.
  2. Changed the power cable and used a cable that doesnt have the Earth (the third pin) to check if my home have some current leaking through earth... but no luck ... it still powered on my keyboard...
Also my Aorus Master z390 bios showing no error and functioning properly and when win10 is running it shows Code A0 which means all ok...

when booting normally and shutdown the OS ... the keyboard is powered off normally...

Can u guys have any idea why it switch on my keyboard when i just power on PSU ... is there any setting in the bios that need to be changed

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
Solved the keyboard lights problem by enabling the ERP in the bios settings.... now all usb port stop giving power after pc shutdown,,,, but the slight current is still there on my mechanical keyboard corsair k95 when i switch on the pc.... i hv no earth problem in my home ....

Reactions: fnt

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
Strange thing I checked .... there was a power outage today and my was on UPS and I tested my keyboard and PC with a tester... there was no electric current at all ... but when the power came back, i could feel the current again.... i also checked by manually turning off the power plug... i tested tht thr was no current in pc or keyboard etc...

Dont know where the problem lies.... is it the earth that is leaking the current into my pc...

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
Solved the problem of electric current leak by enabling earth in my socket.... (there was no earth in that socket)... so there is no more current leak.... but the keyboard light still power on whenever the power goes off and on .... but that can be solved by enabling ERP in bios

TRENDING THREADS