[SOLVED] keyboard lights up but won't type

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018
ok i have a really bad problem
i like my keyboard so much
it kinda punched me with electricity and after that it won't type, but it light ups

i tried everything
drivers,restarting,ease up,changing usb ports...

Solution
Seems like it's dead. Last resort, test it with another system. If it does not work there either, contact the vendor for replacement if it's in warranty. Electrical surge like you got can easily fry electronics.

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018

yep it sees that it was connected, it even downloads drivers.

i checked it on another laptop and does not work there too

mtracy1991

Reputable
Hi Sam, it seems to be defective as a keyboard. However, please check if its a ps2 connector and ensure all of the pins are lined up. if it's a USB connector, check the usb connector and see if there is anything out of wack (damaged, bent, et cetra).

You may just want to purchase a new keyboard.

mtracy1991

Reputable

How old is the keyboard? What is the model? Are you planning on buying another keyboard? Try blowing the connector with some compressed air then try. Also, uninstall the drivers and try reinstalling them. Let me know

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018

keyboard is: https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-KUMARA-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B016MAK38U/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544464006&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=redragon+kumara&psc=1

redragon kumara
it's about 1 years old

i will try it with a hair fan

mtracy1991

Reputable

Ok, so open up device manager and look for your keyboard. First, ensure that there are no warning signs; exclamation points inside a triangle. So what you would want to do is locate the keyboard via Keyboards tab. then right click the keyboard in the dropdown box and click properties. Then click the Driver tab followed by uninstall device. Then restart your PC and let it PnP and let me know if that works.

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018

did not work, it reinstalled all the drivers, but still nothing.

mtracy1991

Reputable
So I failed to see the "it kinda punched me with electricity"

As a result, it probably shorted out the function portion of the keyboard and not the lighting. Check to see if you have warranty for the keyboard. If not, buy another one because this one is dead.

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018

i just realised that i punched it with electricity, i was wearing a wool clothes whole day, i have a eletric Taser, maybe i should should shock it, maybe it will rise from dead :D

i don't have warranty :( it was gift from a friend

sameartist

Prominent
Dec 2, 2018

i have another keyboard
thanks for helping :)