Keyboard lights up if I hit a key while the computer is shutdown.

mutiny

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
So while the title pretty much says it all. Here are the details. I was having issues with overclocking. Where the computer would shut down randomly while idling, and idling only. While in use it would run fine. I seemed to have fixed that issue by tweaking some settings in BIOS. However now when I shut down my computer and I hit a key on on my Keyboard (Razer Blackwidow) or push a button on my Mouse (Razer Death Adder). They will light up, and the LED's don't go out. They act as though I put in sleep mode just so I can paint a picture for you. But unlike sleep mode my computer doesn't "wake up" it just stays shut down. Unfortunately before I had my issues I would always put it to "sleep" so I don't know if this is normal operation or not. My instinct tells me that this is not supposed to happen. Thanks for any replies.

Solution
Did keyboard light up before u had shut down issue with your computer? There have to be an option in Bios to shut down usb ports when computer turned off, try to search it yourself or you will definitely find it in your motherboards manual.

mutiny

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You know what I haven't tried that, but I read about that in my BIOS.

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016
Did keyboard light up before u had shut down issue with your computer? There have to be an option in Bios to shut down usb ports when computer turned off, try to search it yourself or you will definitely find it in your motherboards manual.

Solution

mutiny

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

Will do as soon as I get home.

mutiny

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Thank you all for your comments. I do appreciate your input. I figure my MOBO just quit, so I have returned it and am getting a new one. As far as finding a the setting to disable charging. For whatever reason my only options were Enabled or Auto. There was no option for Disabled. Thanks again.