Question Keyboard locks up

DavidCivilEngineer

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
I have an AMD Ryzen 1700, ASUS Prime X370 Pro Motherboard, 32 GB Ram running Windows 10. My wireless keyboard locks up. I have changed batteries, even bough a new keyboard. I have hooked up a wired keyboard and still have same problem. After a few minutes it starts working again. I have tried different USB ports but get the same results. The USB ports next to the PS-2 port on Motherboad lets the mouse work, but not keyboard at all.

Thanks for any help, it gets really annoying when you are trying to work and have to wait for a keyboard to catch up.

Last edited:

DavidCivilEngineer

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
This problem is the same with a wired keyboard and a wireless keyboard. Last night I could back away from my desk and keyboard seemed to work better. Made me wonder if monitors are affecting the keyboard, however mouse doesn't seem to be affected.

What buttons are you pressing to determine its a keyboard issue? Especially if you have tried wired and wireless. It is very odd for a keyboard to stop working, but the mouse continue to work, aside from hardware problems with the keyboard itself. The next time this happens, press the Windows button on the keyboard to confirm it does nothing/something.

DavidCivilEngineer

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
What buttons are you pressing to determine its a keyboard issue? Especially if you have tried wired and wireless. It is very odd for a keyboard to stop working, but the mouse continue to work, aside from hardware problems with the keyboard itself. The next time this happens, press the Windows button on the keyboard to confirm it does nothing/something.
Every key I press doesn't work. I can turn the keyboard off or shake the key board and it will work sometimes. Normally I have to wait a period of time and it will eventually start working. I will try the Windows button next time it locks up.

Update... When it locked up, I pressed the Windows Button and nothing happened. The key strokes are being remembered, because when it starts working the keys I pressed are executed.

Last edited: