[SOLVED] Keyboard Long Press Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2020
Hello.
The problem on my keyboard is the long press, it's like when i play video games and i had to hold certain key (like E) it suddenly stops. I already tested it on Browser, Notepad, MSWord & it has the same issue. (like when i'm holding the a key, it should goes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa continuously but it stops after holding it for 2-3 seconds for no reason)
i replaced it with another keyboard but the issue still persist (already test the keyboard on another pc & it works fine)

I also tried the solutions below but nothing happens
  1. Run the Troubleshooter.
  2. Uninstall the keyboard drivers from Device Manager.
  3. Toggling both the Sticky Keys & Filter Keys from Ease Of Access.
  4. Changing the Speed Tab in the keyboard properties From Device & Printers.
  5. Holding the right shift button.
  6. Check the PC for virus, malware.
  7. Using another USB Port
I don't know anything else to do, i have no idea if it's a hardware or a software issue since the Mouse, Speaker works fine on the USB Port. any suggestion please?

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2020
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately the problem persist. I already toogle on/off the Filter Keys

I forgot to tell that i'm using windows 8.1 64-bit

Jun 25, 2020
Sorry for a late reply.

I already run the troubleshooter but sadly, the issue isn't gone yet.
i also checked the keyboard drivers & even reinstalled it but nothing worked
filter keys are turned off but my keyboard does the same thing (even if it's turned on)
i also uncheck the USB power saver

well, i don't know any solution left, but thanks for the help

AdamG

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
well, i don't know any solution left, but thanks for the help
Sounds like a filter key issue setting in windows, did you disable the filter keys shortcut (holding shift for 8 seconds) aswell, not just the filter keys itself?
If you got an old legacy ps/2 keyboard you could test that I guess. (assuming you are not on a laptop).

I only asked about the legacy ps/2 connection keyboard given its interrupt doesn't go through the USB controller.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020
After a months of finding the issue i found out what caused the problem.

Turns out the keyboard conflicts with another hardware, then after i replaced it with the new one the keyboard works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS