Question Keyboard makes strange rattling sound

Oct 14, 2019
Hello. I've had the HP Pavillion 15-bc005nu for over an year and a half now and recently the keys from right side of the keyboard (from the enter key to the num pad) have started to make some strange rattling sound whenever being pressed. The sound is not exactly rattling but I can't find another way to explain it. The thing is that they don't always make this sound but it only happens from time to time and after a while it fixes itself. Another way of fixing it that I've found is by pressing down hard on the whole right side of the keyboard with my hand. I've disassembled the laptop only once to clean the vents and the fans but I have never disassembled it completely. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the keyboard but I thought it's worth mentioning. Another thing that I've noticed is that the keys start making this noise when I've been gaming for a while, so maybe it has something to do with the laptop getting hot? Otherwise the keys work, everything works just fine but the sound is what's bothering me. If anyone has any idea what might be causing the problem please tell me because it's getting really annoying.

Are you sure you're not writing a modern adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's 'The raven'?

"I smashed the keys, insistent to win the battle.
Not a survivor leaves on their trusty steeds.
Leaving behind those that hath fallen off thine saddle,
and upon my press to leave the scene that tattles,
Quoth the keyboard, "rattle rattle".

Also try to remove and clean your keyboard, maybe you got something underneath when you opened it to clean it. Irony is so cruel.

Oct 14, 2019
Are you sure you're not writing a modern adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's 'The raven'?

"I smashed the keys, insistent to win the battle.
Not a survivor leaves on their trusty steeds.
Leaving behind those that hath fallen off thine saddle,
and upon my press to leave the scene that tattles,
Quoth the keyboard, "rattle rattle".

Also try to remove and clean your keyboard, maybe you got something underneath when you opened it to clean it. Irony is so cruel.
Thx for the quick reponse but I don't think that there is something under the keyboard because it just doesn't sound like it. The rattling noise (as I said it's not exactly rattling but I just can't find another way to explain it) also happens when I tap the right side of the latop for example underneath the keyboard.

Thx for the quick reponse but I don't think that there is something under the keyboard because it just doesn't sound like it. The rattling noise (as I said it's not exactly rattling but I just can't find another way to explain it) also happens when I tap the right side of the latop for example underneath the keyboard.

Can't tell you what the issue is, you'll just have to open it up and investigate yourself. It's a physical issue thus no one here can adequately solve it.

Oct 14, 2019
Can't tell you what the issue is, you'll just have to open it up and investigate yourself. It's a physical issue thus no one here can adequately solve it.
Yeah I was just hoping that I won't have to open the laptop because I'm always scared that I'll damage something. Thanks for answering.

D

Deleted member 14196

I think there is a little o ring in there. I noticed it when I took my hp notebook apart to install ram and ssd

D

Deleted member 14196

Keyboard. Look a piece of plastic probably broke off, or that little ring is loose

Last edited by a moderator: