Question Keyboard malfunction

Nov 11, 2020
Hi,
I have developed a problem with my keyboard recently. When I play a game in either Oculus or Steam VR (mainly Elite Dangerous) after a short while the keyboard will not input to the in-game text fields (messaging and mapping). On exiting the game the keyboard doesn’t work in text boxes and, when using the browser (Chrome) the scroll wheel on the mouse changes the zoom level instead of scrolling the page.

I assume there may be a driver issue but Windows insists I have the latest drivers installed! Has anyone got an idea what the problem might be and how to remedy it? I would be grateful for any advice ‘cos it’s driving me bats***t!

Ralston18

Titan
Problem is only in a VR environment - correct?

Ignore the Windows "insistence".

Take a look in Reliability History for any error codes and warnings related to the keyboard. Or some other logged event that corresponds with the input failures you describe. Could be a clue there.

Overall though:

Go to the keyboard's manufacturer's website to manually download the applicable keyboard drivers. (No third party tools or utilities to install drivers).

Reinstall and reconfigure. Determine if that helps or changes anything.

Nov 11, 2020
Thanks for the reply Ralston, yes it does only seem to be a VR thing. I am an over-sixty, self taught PC enthusiast so how do I access Reliability History please?

Edit: found the Reliability History. shows errors involving "System Settings Broker" and Immersive Control Panel". Been to Wisfox website (keyboard manufacturer) and they do not have driver downloads, manual says you don't need drivers (windows default drivers perhaps?)

Last edited: