[SOLVED] Keyboard misbehaving when connected to new motherboard

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
I bought a new motherboard Zeebronics G41 D3; and assembled it for first time by myself;

My Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 Ghz
Dolgix 8GB (2*4GB) DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
Asus NVIDIA GeForce 210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
480 ggb SSD Adata
Zebronics 450 W psu
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit OS

All my other io devices are working fine; except my Zebronics keyboard (connected via UsB 2.0 port) misbehaving and typing almost every other letter twice; This is happening for every key, letters, numbers, backspace, caplock. For e.g.; PPAASSWWOORRDD.

The keyboard was working fine on previous motherboard.

Solutions I tried:
  1. tried every other usb ports (no luck)
  2. disabled legacy mode in bios (no luck)
  3. reinstalled Windows 7 os (no luck)
  4. changed keyboard properties from Control Panel- keyboard repeat rate from fast to slow (no luck)
Now, I'm out of ideas. Is this a hardware problem OR some sort of software/driver problem OR any bios settings, please let me know. Desperately seeking a solution here.

Solution
GUYS, ITS WORKING NOW; I'M USING IT FOR PAST 8 MONTHS;
I JUST PLUGGED KEYBOARD'S USB PLUG TIGHTLY AND VOILA; ITS FINE.

I KNOW IT IS NOT THE SOLUTION; I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT; BUT ANYWAY, ITS WORKING NOW.

THANKS TO EVERYONE, WHO TOOK EFFORTS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION AND SOLVE MY DOUBTS.

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Check to make sure the keyboard is set for your region. https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Keyboard-That-Has-the-Wrong-Characters
thanks for the reply; but the region is set to English -US ; but no luck; the keyboard was working perfectly on old motherboard ;but when i connect to new motherboard; it types words twice or skips some words;i don't know if it is hardware problem or bios problem.
7129ddc9922f813badafa728e06c2523-full.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure I understand your "last option" response.

However, I believe you are saying that the Zebronics keyboard does work on another computer - is that correct?

On your computer, plug the Zebronics keyboard in again and try the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Type "WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Trouble shoot and then scroll down to "Keyboard" under "Find and fix other problems".

If that does not work try downloading the keyboard drivers again via the manufacturer's website.

https://zebronics.com/drivers/

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Not sure I understand your "last option" response.

However, I believe you are saying that the Zebronics keyboard does work on another computer - is that correct?

On your computer, plug the Zebronics keyboard in again and try the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Type "WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Trouble shoot and then scroll down to "Keyboard" under "Find and fix other problems".

If that does not work try downloading the keyboard drivers again via the manufacturer's website.

https://zebronics.com/drivers/
Thanks for the reply .

please , note i am using windows 7 64 bit;

yes, The keyboard was working fine on previous motherboard.

i had already tried Uninstall and reinstalling drivers but no luck; also i connected usb keyboard to all other ports; also i connected with front usb on pc case; but it behaves same way; i guess; i have to test with another keyboard;and if it persist then the problem must be with my new motherboard; i will have to take it to service center.
Also , i've read somewhere ;that if cpu pin is damaged then motherboard also behaves strangely. As i assembled my pc first time ; this chance also exists. i just hope, this doesn't turns out to be true .

Ralston18

Titan
First ensure that you have indeed installed the correct keyboard drivers for Windows 7.

Windows 7 is obsolete and many manufacturers no longer provide or update drivers for Windows 7.

You may need to do some online searching to find the drivers if they are not specifically provided by Zebronics.

I would not expect a damaged CPU pin to be at fault.

Yes: test your keyboard on another computer and try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Reactions: morebhushan311

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
People take their time to help you, you could be a little more humble. Good luck with your problem.
here, i am pissed off that i spent my money on new device and its not working ; and you are expecting to be humble. i'm freaking typing using onscreen keyboard from past 3 days; and then i post this detailed question expecting to be answered. Atleast, read the question carefully before asking.

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
First ensure that you have indeed installed the correct keyboard drivers for Windows 7.

Windows 7 is obsolete and many manufacturers no longer provide or update drivers for Windows 7.

You may need to do some online searching to find the drivers if they are not specifically provided by Zebronics.

I would not expect a damaged CPU pin to be at fault.

Yes: test your keyboard on another computer and try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Thanks for the reply .

So, you suggest i should install windows 10? i will look into it. if nothing works then also, i am looking for an alternative of buying usb to ps/2 converter.

Ralston18

Titan
As I understand it, the keyboard now has a USB plug -correct.

So you will really need a PS2 to USB converter in order to determine if the keyboard works.

Motherboard [PS/2 Port] <--- [PS/2 to USB Converter [USB port] <-----Keyboard USB cable

Before purchasing a converter do try to find another way to prove that the keyboard is or is not working.

If the keyboard is not working a convertor probably not help.

Exception being some gross misconnection between keyboard's USB plug and all of the motherboard's USB ports.

However converters are inexpensive and there is no harm in trying if that is the only immediate thing you can do.

Reactions: morebhushan311

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
GUYS, ITS WORKING NOW; I'M USING IT FOR PAST 8 MONTHS;
I JUST PLUGGED KEYBOARD'S USB PLUG TIGHTLY AND VOILA; ITS FINE.

I KNOW IT IS NOT THE SOLUTION; I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT; BUT ANYWAY, ITS WORKING NOW.

THANKS TO EVERYONE, WHO TOOK EFFORTS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION AND SOLVE MY DOUBTS.

Solution